Here's the Crispy Parmesan Chicken I gave a sneak peek of in my blog post on how following a low FODMAP eating plan has helped alleviate my IBS symptoms without giving up the foods I love over here. It's low in FODMAPs, but high on the taste factor range for everyone, regardless of if they need to follow a low FODMAP eating plan.
Dairy is a food group I have always adored from cheese to chocolate milk and back to cheese. I've had to adjust the kinds of cheeses I can eat per my tolerance with IBS, but you can bet Parmesan will always be an OG in many of my dishes!
Crispy Parmesan Chicken
- ½ pound chicken breast cut into two pieces (or you can cut them into bite-size pieces)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (I miss Duke's so much, but for now the Korean store brand will have to do!)
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- dried parsley or basil, to taste, if you're feeling fancy
- red chili flakes and/or black pepper, to taste
- In a small mixing bowl, mix chicken with mayonnaise until well coated.
- Pour in Parmesan cheese, dried herbs and red chili flakes/black pepper.
- Place coated pieces of chicken on a lined baking sheet. Be sure to get all the seasoning bits out of the bowl and onto the chicken - that's what makes it extra crispy once it bakes!
- Bake chicken at 400°F until the inside reaches 165°F.
- Serve it up hot or refrigerate and enjoy it cold.
Note: My apartment's kitchen is MUCH smaller in Korea than at home, so my recipes have since shrunk in size, too. You can easily scale this recipe up to feed a crowd. Just don't skimp on the Parmesan cheese!
Do you have some great low FODMAP recipes? I’d love to try them out! Leave the link to your recipe below in the comments and don’t forget to subscribe to my blog and check in for my regular posts over on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.