Nut-free pesto? Yes, it's nontraditional. But, it makes for the same satisfying sauce you can drizzle or mix into nearly anything while being FODMAP and allergy friendly. Whiz up a batch of this to keep on hand whenever you need an extra zing for simple roasted veggies or to make Deviled Eggs a little more festive.
- Two packets (~2 oz.) of 88 Acres roasted pumpkin seed butter
- 1 bunch of basil leaves
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Use immediately and store any unused portions in the refrigerator.
Note: Feel free to swap out the roasted pumpkin seed butter for any allergy friendly nut or seed butter. You can also get creative by using up any leafy herbs you have like parsley or cilantro. If you're not worried about FODMAPs, feel free to add in fresh or dried garlic to this recipe.
Thank you to 88 Acres for the product samples. What do you think about this nut-free take on pesto? Let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to subscribe to my blog and check in for my regular posts over on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
Leave a Reply